The communications sector is evolving fast. Through our world-leading community of teaching, research and industry partnerships, we enable our students to develop the critical, creative and technical excellence needed to succeed and discover new possibilities and practices.
Stories Method and Form
The London College of Communication (LCC) experience is all about learning by doing. As an LCC student, you’ll get your hands dirty and develop your skills in outstanding technical spaces. The facilities are industry standard and include photographic and television studios, darkrooms, prototyping labs, gallery spaces, printing studios, and newsrooms.
: This program is designed to develop and expand your understanding of design communication principles by exploring narrative and storytelling and the methods and forms that can be used. You will be introduced to linear and non-linear narratives and methodologies relating to orientation and navigation. You will build on design methodologies and skills with emphasis on the formulation of contextually appropriate responses to specific problems. These will be explored in broad-ranging projects that allow you to explore the topic in the specialist subjects areas in a variety of media and dimensions.
Throughout the unit, you are expected to question the subject and its application and to develop your understanding of the relationship between communication, information, environments, education/awareness and design as tools for change.
|Check Back Soon!
|Education Abroad Advisor
||Attend or Watch an Ed Abroad 101 Session
||London College of Communication
||Monday 23 September 2019 – Friday 6 December 2019
Students will participate in the fall/Autumn 11-week program.
Please find dates here: Calendar
|Areas of Study
|Course & Credit
||Students enroll in 60 UAL credit (15 semester or 23 quarter credits)
|Language of Instruction
|Host Country Language
||Various options - please find details here - Accommodations
|Class Standing Eligibility
*Preference is given to Graduating Seniors
|Minimum GPA Requirements
Must be in Satisfactory Academic Standing.
- Approval by Graphic Design department liaison (Briar Levit, email@example.com)
||Submit a PDF with 5–8 projects
- If a project has multiple pieces, they collectively count as one project
- Consider the design of the PDF itself, tip: it will be viewed on a computer, so horizontal is the ideal orientation
- Show a variety of capabilities: concept expressive type, type detail (page layout), compositions working with image/illustration and type
- PDF to include at least:
- Cover Page with your email & website if you have one
- One piece of design writing
- This could be a rationale from a project or an analytical essay from ART 290
- A statement explaining why you want to spend a term in Graphic and Media Design (GMD) at LCC. Be specific.
*Please note, all students enrolling for PSU credit are charged the PSU Rec Center Fee. For a current listing, please refer to PSU Fees.
*Application Fee: All applications include a $50 non-refundable fee due on the application deadline. Students who do not intend to complete a program application are required to withdraw before the deadline, otherwise, the $50 application fee will be assessed to the students' account.