CIEE Business and Culture Program in Santiago, Chile
The United States isn’t the only country that does big business with China – the global economic power is also Chile’s number-one trading partner. Learn what it’s like to do business in – and with – Chile during CIEE’s Business and Culture program, specially designed for international business students. Intensive language instruction, cultural activities, visits to local and international companies, and coursework at Chile’s most prestigious business school set you up for success as you enter the global marketplace.
Study business in Santiago and you will:
- Learn or improve your Spanish through instruction specifically designed for international students and for application in the business world
- Learn about Chile’s business sector through organizational site visits and case study explorations
- Immerse yourself in Chilean academic and social life through homestays, cultural and co-curricular activities, and CIEE community engagement opportunities
Find out more.
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
Chile is a long and narrow country, bordered on the east by the Andes and on the west by the Pacific Ocean. Santiago, 60 miles from the coast and the fifth largest city in South America, is home to over six million inhabitants. The capital city of Chile, Santiago, is both modern and dynamic and is the industrial and financial center of Chile and regional headquarters to many multinationals.
The Business and Culture study abroad program in Santiago, Chile helps students gain a critical appreciation of Chile’s unique business sector and its importance in Latin America. The program is designed for students with a wide range of academic, intellectual, intercultural, and linguistic experiences, and is ideal for those with lower language skill levels, a keen interest in international business and economics, and a desire to learn about the ongoing process of economic transformation in Chile and Latin America. The program aims to enhance students’ knowledge of international business from a local, national, and regional perspective, and to develop technical, cultural, and linguistic skills for future leadership in the global marketplace.
|Education Abroad Advisor
||Attend an Ed Abroad 101 Session
||Current CIEE Calendar
|Areas of Study
- International Studies
- Latin American Studies
||Students enroll in 16 semester credits (24 quarter credits).
||Reporting Live Capstone available during fall and spring terms
|Langauge of Instruction
|Host Country Language
|Class Standing Eligibility
||1 year college-level Spanish recommended
||1 semester each of college-level business and economics
- Tuition and housing
- Pre-departure advising and optional on-site airport meet and greet
- Full-time program leadership and support
- Field trips and cultural activities
- CIEE iNext travel card, which provides insurance and other travel benefits
Additional CIEE Scholarships are Available.